Two weeks....yeah, right.

So, if I make it two more weeks I will be totally shocked.  lol.  We went to the high risk OB on Monday.  My regular one was out for a conference.  (I hope she is back...lol).  The visit actually went pretty well.  They checked my A1c again and it was still perfect!  And the grumpy old man asked me if I had "scheduled a date yet" and I told him no, that we were planning to go ahead with the VBAC as of now.  He didn't really like that response, but he had no medical reason to disagree, so he didn't.  So we are still due the 9th, if he hasn't arrived by then, he will be evicted on the 10th.  I honestly don't think I am going to make it that long.

This week the contractions have increased somewhat and I am pretty sure he has "dropped".  I have carried him extremely low the entire pregnancy but I definitely felt things change.  Tonight began the "World Chicken Festival" here in downtown London.  It is crazy here, by the way.  Sunday morning there is a church service at the festival, and Matthew is preaching it.  We are really hoping I make it through, but we will see.  We are pretty much ready to go...the bags are mostly packed.  I even made props for newborn photos today.

I have been trying to prepare Elliott for what is coming, I'm not sure it is working though.  We have a book about being a big sister and she is kind of obsessed with it - we read it constantly.  She is so funny and makes us laugh all of the time.  She doesn't like that Mommy doesn't sit in the floor with her any more and she is doing more to seek my attention.  That really bothers me, I don't want her to feel like I am ignoring her, I just can't do all of the thing I could a few weeks ago.

Last Sunday our church blessed us with a shower for baby D.  It was so sweet.  The kindness and generosity of this church is overwhelming.  Thanks to everyone.  :)  We were saying that we couldn't have the baby yet because we didn't have diapers....well, that excuse is gone.  lol.

Don't judge this weeks photo.  Elliott is fresh out of the tub with mismatched pj's and pearls, but she is giving her brother a little love.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Week

Trying times...

Whadda ya think?