27 Weeks?

I say that as a question because I totally thought I was still at 26!  Woah.  I totally lost a week somewhere...in other words...HELLO THIRD TRIMESTER!  Oh my.  I just panicked a little bit (read...I just burst into tears at the realization that we have made it to this point and we are not ready for this baby yet!).

This has been a tough week in the Kimmons' household.  Monday I had my first 3 hour drive to Louisville for check ups.  I have been slightly anxious about these appointments because my blood glucose numbers have been less controlled over the last few weeks.  I'm sure part of it is the stress of moving, the increased activity levels, and the varied diet, but I get anxious about it anyway.  First, I saw my regular OB and she and I had a nice chat about some of my anxieties regarding the delivery of this baby.  I am so thankful that my dr will talk to my about my concerns and be open and honest with me and explain things to me in a way that I can understand and in a way that is reassuring.  Have I mentioned that I love her?

After visiting with Dr. Buck I had to go over to the high risk office for a meeting with my DE and an Ultra Sound with Dr. Tabb.  Right off the bat the DE checked my A1c, which thankfully was the exact same as last time...which was awesome.  I guess the extreme lows have offset some of the higher numbers.  I am very pleased at how I am progressing.  The ultra sound was great, we were finally able to see all of his heart, although he refused to show us his sweet face! Little stinker!  Overall, the appointments went well.

Tuesday started out as a normal day, but as the day progressed I realized that my sweet girl was sick.  She had a terrible runny nose and congestion and she refused to nap.  (Now, I'm not bragging, but my kiddo is the one who grabs her blanket and tells me it is nap time in the afternoon).  She cried and clinged to me.  :(  Matthew left late Tuesday afternoon for Orlando.  Great.  Sick kiddo, pregnant Mama and no Daddy.  Shew.  I really don't see how single parents do it.  She was up all night as well and screamed and cried if I tried to leave her, which is totally out of character for her.  I was very panicked because I hadn't established us at a peds office yet and of course she gets sick.  Thankfully, the one I had been looking at accepted us and saw us that same morning.  My sweet girl had a virus, but thankfully no ear infection or strep.  The rest of the week was spent mostly at home trying to make sure my girl was okay and trying not to share our germs with the world.  Matthew got home very late Friday night...and I am so glad.

I am feeling well, although I am finding that it is getting more difficult to accomplish tasks that are extremely physical. Like laundry, two flights of stairs down with a laundry basket and two flights of stairs up, and I have to sit and rest.  Shew.  Carrying Elliott up a flight of stairs requires a rest break as well.  My diabetes is much more "touchy" as well, which has an effect on my body as well.

We have been debating about baby W's name this week.  We intend to keep the same initials, but we are seriously debating the middle name we have chosen.  We are praying about it and hopefully we will settle on a name soon.  Boys names are so hard!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying times...

Holy Week

Whadda ya think?