Down to the last stretch...

This week makes 32 weeks.  According to the "What to expect" app baby boy is as big as a cantaloupe, 3.5-4 pounds and about 16-17 inches long.  Ummm...what?  That seems so big already!  Baby's major organs have developed, with the exception of the lungs, but at this point we have reached viability outside the womb!  He is also practicing his breathing, sucking and swallowing, getting him ready for life on the outside. 

This week I have been working to finish getting things I want done for baby done.  I have made his carseat cover, a pacifier pouch and two pillows.  (The pillows are for the boy's room, not necessarily for baby.)  Clothes are washed and I have packed some clothes for him in the diaper bag.  I washed and sanitized bottles this week as well.  I feel like I am getting ahead of myself, but I also know I need to do these tasks while I can and have energy.  haha! 

I have officially outgrown all of my shorts.  With Elliott I wore mostly dresses in the summer, with Drew his due date was later so I didn't get bigger until the very end of summer.  This kid is a different story.  Since I take insulin before each meal it is really just more convenient to wear pants so I can access my abdomen easier.  I did manage to hit up a Family dollar yesterday and got one pair in a ridiculous size to fit my belly....win.  All I need is a pair to play outside in. 

I am feeling a little bit better with the anemia but my glucose is all over the place.  My hormones have completely thrown everything off.  I just sent the nutritionist my glucose numbers and said good luck.  I am glad she speaks sarcasm as fluently as I do. 

Next week starts my 2 a week visits to the dr....which still seems excessive, but part of the deal.  They will measure him and make sure he is doing all of the things he is supposed to be doing, all because I am "high risk".  On the upside I get lots of ultrasounds of him in the next few weeks, but it also means lots of traveling. 

If you hadn't heard, Drew broke his toe this week.  It is a minor thing, but just another tally to add to his record.  Soon I will have two of these rough and tumble boys.  Shew.  Elliott is winding down the school year and getting ready for her dance recital.  I'm not sure who is more ready for her to be out, me or her. 

Here are the pics of the week....


32 Weeks



Last week Matthew and I were practicing something at church, Drew grabbed a hymnal and was singing along.  :)



Carseat Cover


Pacifier Pouch

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying times...

Holy Week

Whadda ya think?