34 Weeks!

This last week has been highly emotional in oh so many ways.  Last Sunday we lost my sweet grandfather, my last living grandparent, and on Tuesday we not only had his visitation, but it was also my sweet girl's 2nd birthday.  Both of these events were completely bittersweet.  My grandfather had been ill for some time and now he is no longer suffering.  My Elliott is growing and is so much fun, but it is also somewhat sad to see each of these time markers pass.  Then also comes the realization that baby D's arrival is the next "big" event in our lives.  All of this has just created a whirlwind of emotions for me this week.

We had a checkup for baby D this past Monday.  (Have I mentioned I am already at one a weeks?)  The checkup went fine almost to the point of not being worth the drive.  lol.  We didn't get any new information and they didn't make any changes to my plan of care.  We go again this next week for a growth ultrasound...which is good.  It will be another chance to see how he is growing, so let's pray that he is still hovering around that 50th percentile.  As of last week, he was head down, but he had not dropped.  I still don't think he has dropped, although someone at church suggested otherwise.  I have started into Braxton Hicks, which is great fun.  They haven't been too bad today, but I have rested a lot today as well.

Tuesday and Wednesday was spent mostly with my family as we said goodbye to my grandfather.  There was quite a bit of family that had never met Elliott and it was fun to watch them meet her.  She did really well through all of the events, although it definitely made for a long week for her.  This weekend has been all about Elliott.  We had friends visiting Friday night, our Brother, sister in law, and niece spent the weekend and we had Elliott's 2nd birthday party yesterday.  It was so nice to have so many friends and family come out to celebrate our sweet girl.  She laughed and giggled so much....it was so fun!  We are so abundantly blessed.

Today was spent doing a whole lot of nothing after church.  We are all exhausted and need a little time to breathe and relax before the next week hits us.  lol.  This next week is very busy for Matthew, but Elliott and I have a fairly quiet week planned.  I am turning my focus to getting ready for baby D.  His newborn clothing is being washed as I type.  I plan to get his room cleaned and settled this week.  Maybe, just maybe, we will get some decorative stuff up too...

We had a few pictures taken of our sweet girl for her second birthday....I thought I would share a few.  :)










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying times...

Holy Week

Whadda ya think?