20 Weeks

So, I have so much to write this week....

I'm going to back up to last weeks gender reveal.  I know I posted it about it, but there was so much I didn't say.  lol  At our dr. appt. the doctor told us that we should look into the book "Raising Difficult Children".  I'm not sure how I feel about that statement and I am sure not ready to doom my child to that fate yet.  It isn't his fault that the cord was in the way.  lol.  I am in shock about it being a boy, although now that I have had a week to let it settle I am getting really excited.  I mean, can we say sweater vests?  Bow ties?  LOVE.  We go back to that dr. in (now 3 weeks) to repeat the anatomy scan to check the heart and I guess to confirm gender.  (I've been shopping...I hope it is really a boy! lol)

Last Saturday I accompanied the EHS bands to Kings Island.  We performed as part of "Music in the Parks" and spent the rest of the day in the park.  I TOTALLY over did it.  lol.  I am still feeling it a week later.  It was a great trip and the kids did well, but whew.  I don't want to do that pregnant again.

This past week has been busy and calm all at the same time.  We haven't had a whole lot of "extras" going on, but we have had stuff to do everyday.  Elliott seems to be coming into the 2's...becoming very independent and sassy.  She is getting upset over silly stuff to the point of tears.  For example, she cried tonight because she couldn't get her hand in the open Teddy Grahams box.  She also got mad at me because she was sitting against the house outside and there was a dryer vent pipe sticking out of the house where she wanted to sit and got very upset that I wouldn't move it.  Oh what fun!  lol.  She has also figured out poop this week.  She now informs me when she poops "Mommy, I poop!" and has figured out when others are pooping.  She comes into the bathroom (oh the joys of toddlerhood) and rubs her nose and says "(Mommy or Daddy) poop!"  Really?  Good thing she is cute...and we think it is hilarious.

Baby boy hit a growth spurt over the last week and I can really feel him moving now.  Even Matthew has been able to feel him.  He moves around and kicks a lot, but he particularly loves my bladder.  Matthew says it is because he is bored....I make the comment that little boys already have a toy to play with....apparently Baby W likes my bladder equally as well.

On a more personal note (guys may want to skip this section...lol) I have new pregnancy symptoms!  lol.  I sneezed tonight and well...I was really glad I was at home.  lol.  I have never experienced incontinence before but I have heard that after two children it is a reality.  Apparently, it doesn't wait until AFTER delivering the second.  Thanks to my friends who were available to laugh and sympathize with me tonight and reassure me it was normal.  lol.

We are a month away from moving and are working fairly hard (we are procrastinators somewhat) at packing and making preparations for moving. We got quite a bit done this weekend and have big plans for this week as well.  Please continue to be in prayer for us, Cornerstone and Memorial as well as London 1st and their current pastors family.  Transitions are always difficult and we pray that this is a positive move for all involved.

Well, here is this weeks pic....(Thanks to Melissa Webster for letting me borrow the super cute top!)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying times...

Holy Week

Whadda ya think?