29 weeks. Third trimester. Holy Week.

This week makes 29 weeks.  Baby is about the size as a head of cauliflower, about 2.5 pounds and around 15 inches long.  He is growing and developing more and more each day.  He is working on building up fat and his head is getting bigger to make room for his growing brain. 

I am writing this post a day late (the picture will be accurate though).  This week, Holy Week, has been a doozy.  In the last week we have had more work done to our house, rearranged the house (as in, kids are now back in their original rooms upstairs, our bedroom is downstairs, the kids play room is now upstairs....), we have had church every single day since Sunday (and being the pastor's family this has required SOOOOOO much extra from us), a birth in the family, a death in the family, a trip to the pediatrician, and I feel like a bazillion trips to the grocery store.  Haha!  Tomorrow is Good Friday, we have a noon service, an evening service,  and a funeral visitation, and I have "muffins with mom" tomorrow morning at Elliott's school.  Apparently there will be people in and out of my house all weekend, so I should also clean sometime too.  Did I mention we have been working on the house?  I have boxes everywhere.  All of my clothes are still in boxes. 

Needless to say, today I am in quite a bit of pain.  I have been in tears most of the day because the pain is almost more than I can withstand.  I believe the pain is from my sciatic nerve?  But I am not sure. The only place I have been comfortable this entire day is in the chair in the peds waiting room.  Don't know what it was about those chairs, but I need one here at home.  haha!  My lower back is hurting when I stand for too long.  I folded a basket of laundry and was in tears by the end.  Sigh. 

I have to tell you about our trip to the peds.  I should mention that I love our pediatrician, she deals with my crazy and is able to laugh with me and calm my fears.  She also is all about sharing knowledge and informing mothers instead of holding knowledge like power, and I love that about her.  So, last night at church we were finishing up and the last couple of people were still lingering.  I looked at Drew and noticed his ear was blue.  BLUE. Not the outside of the ear....but inside.  I am not the brightest, and of course, pregnancy brain has completely done me in, but the inside of my child's ear should NOT be BLUE.  So, I questioned him up one side and down the other.  He swore that he didn't stick any thing in it.  I questioned some more.  Eventually we figured out that he had been playing with his scratch art pad and scratching it with his finger, then of course, stuck his finger in his ear.  I was very relieved, but decided I should still have a look inside, just to be sure.  Nothing blue and the scratch art theory held, but the inside of his ears still looked gross (wax, drainage) so I took him in to let the Dr. check them out.  He is fine.  Moms of boys, there is never a dull moment....get ready. 

On the topic of Drew, he officially outgrew all of his 4t clothes this week.  What?!?  Why do my children keep growing up?!?  I want them to be little forever.  I already cry thinking about how fast this baby will grow.  Soon I will be finished being pregnant.  Then he won't be a newborn any more.  Or an infant. Or a toddler.  I can't with it.  Hormones are killing me, almost as much as my sciatic nerve. 

Elliott is LOVING being back in her own room.  She is sleeping so much better, she is generally more pleasant, and not nearly as many tantrums.  There have been several times where she has actually gone in there and taken a nap, without prompting.  She really is my mini me.  She has recently hit a growth spurt as well, although I think Drew will still soon pass her, he is just a bigger kid.  Elliott also got to go on the Accelerated Reader field trip last week, which means she was one of the top 15 students in her grade in AR points.  I hope she continues to love to read, but I also hope she starts taking more risks.  She likes to play it safe with her books and doesn't like to try books that are just outside of her comfort reading level. 

My glucose this week has went to mush.  My hormones took over and everything has flipped.  My fasting glucose has continued to increase, so my insulin was increased, but split.  I now take two doses, one in the morning and one at night.  From what I can tell though, it isn't enough and will have to be increased again.  With us having Holy Week services this week my diet has been awful, so there is that too.  Maybe next week.  haha. 

Next week we go back to see the Drs again.  I will also be scheduling Baby Boy's delivery.  I can't believe I am close enough to be at that point already. I want to wait as long as possible but also deliver on a Monday.  That isn't too much to ask, right? 

Baby boy has been all over the place this last week.  He is still rolling and flipping in there and I am ready for him to start settling down some.  He still prefers to kick VERY low, which is highly inconvenient most of the time.  I am continuing to get larger, as expected and the comments are growing right along with my belly.  Yes, I am sure we have the correct due date.  Yes, I am sure there is just one in there.  No, I promise, no twins.  Yes, I am uncomfortable. 

Here are this weeks pics, I may add more later, but my phone is downstairs and I am not, so....yeah. 


29 Weeks



Can you see the blue?!?!



Holy week even knocked Drew out.  

Comments

  1. You have been busy! We've been so busy, too. We'll have to have a park date soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Week

Trying times...

Whadda ya think?