23 Weeks!

Today marks the 23 week mark.  According to the "What to Expect" app baby boy should be about the size of a grape fruit and weigh a little over a pound.  He is starting to gain fat now and will double in size over the next four weeks. 

Last week we had a check up with the team and was able to see baby again and check on his heart, which we weren't able to see last time.  Every thing looked perfect!  Baby boy was weighing about 1 pound 2 ounces which put him in the 68th percentile.  Don't worry, I can't imagine he will remain "big" as I generally make little babies.  He showed his true self and was very unhappy with the ultrasound tech for pushing into his space.  He even made a grumpy face and kicked the transmitter.  Heaven help us with this one.  hahaha.  My glucose has fluctuated again, and in my opinion, has gone down.  My a1c last week was 5.2...which sounds awesome, but is lower than I was hoping for during this pregnancy.  I have decreased my night time insulin, but I am afraid it needs to be decreased even more. 

Of all things, Samson seems to be acting out even more lately.  I think the reality of a third baby is hitting him and he isn't keen on the idea of another tiny human.  I hope he gets over this phase soon, he is wearing us out! 

Drew is hugging and kissing on my belly much more these days which is really sweet.  Every time he hears a noise in my belly he is convinced it is the baby.  Maybe he hears something we don't?  haha. 

Elliott has been fighting the sniffles and a cough this week.  She isn't running a fever at all, but has complained that she just doesn't feel well.  Usually, that happens in the morning so I am guessing it is more of an attempt to avoid going to school.  We have had a thousand snow days already and at this pace I am afraid I will have this baby before she is out of school.  I am ready for warm weather and this rain to go away. 

I am seriously hitting nesting mode.  I *think* I want to make a few things for the baby that will either require my use of the sewing machine (which isn't my bff) or hand sewing, which doesn't sound like fun.  Right now I am trying to decide if it would really be cost effective to make some of my own or just give in and purchase.  I am hoping to head over to a local fabric shop this week and do a little price checking.  Fingers crossed. 

This next week is looking to be quite the challenge in the Kimmons house, so say a prayer for us.  It could get interesting.  hahaha. 



Here are pics! 


23 Weeks!  


Grumpy face. 


Kicking the Ultrasound Transmitter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying times...

Holy Week

Whadda ya think?