11 Weeks.

I am so excited to be expecting baby #2.  I have been feeling the calling to be a mother for several years now.  I know it sounds crazy for that to be a "calling" but I truly believe it is my most important ministry.  Becoming a mother changed me in ways that I never expected and gave me a perspective that has absolutely changed my view of the world.  It is amazing how on the worst days I can be both completely frustrated and completely in love at the same time.  Even when Elliott is misbehaving (yes, it REALLY does happen!) I can't help but to laugh or think it is adorable. 

Today I am 11 weeks pregnant with this baby.  This pregnancy has been much easier and significantly harder than the last so far.  Many of you know, I am diabetic, type 2, even when I am not pregnant.  This pregnancy has wreaked havoc on my diabetes and I began insulin pretty much the second I found out I was pregnant.  It doesn't seem to matter what I eat (or don't eat) or how much insulin I take I still haven't managed to get things under control.  My diabetes manager says that is completely normal during pregnancy, and I will most likely end up on a pump soon.  Hopefully, I won't have to keep it after delivery....pray for that y'all.  I have had no symptoms from the diabetes, I just knew that the numbers weren't where they should have been.  In fact, so far, I have had NO symptoms of pregnancy other than the general fatigue and being cold.  Yep, cold...can't get warm, it is weird.  I am beginning to show even though I have lost 17 pounds so far.  I broke out the maternity pants this week - hallelujah. 

I have been babysitting for a friend so Elliott is getting a taste of what it is like to have a baby in the house.  She absolutely loves baby Maddison...she holds her hand and kisses on her all the time.  It is so sweet to watch them interact.  It will hit Elliott hard when this baby stays here all the time, but I think she will be a great helper. 

Thank you for sharing in our excitement.  I was so excited to be pregnant with Elliott and now I am excited to be pregnant and to watch these two beautiful children grow up together. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying times...

Holy Week

Whadda ya think?