Joshua

So, a few weeks ago a good friend (who happens to run an adoption agency) posted a picture of a sweet boy in the DRC (Democratic Republic of the Congo) asking for our prayers.  My heart stopped.  Then shattered.  See for yourself:

This is a little boy (yes, he is wearing what appears to be girls clothing...).  In this picture he weighs somewhere around 2.5 pounds.  My friend says this is one of the worst infant malnutrition cases that she has seen.  She called this little boy "Joshua", although he is technically nameless.  Joshua didn't have much hope as the chances of survival for a child in his condition in the DRC are slim, to say the least. Even if Joshua survives, the medical care and attention he will need is staggering.  I immediately began to pray for this boy and all who may come into contact with him.  A few days ago, my friend posted an updated picture and status:

Joshua is up to about 3.75 pounds!  What a small miracle!  This sweet boy has been weighing on my heart and on my mind since she posted and I have told my husband several times that I want him.  It's true.  I WANT HIM.  There is no way that my husband and I could afford him.  Even if we raised the money to bring him home, the amount of medical bills would be impossible.  But I still want to bring him home, cuddle him and FEED HIM.  It is so hard to think about children anywhere starving.  My heart can't handle it.  I look at the shear amount of food that my child consumed today and praise God that I was able to provide for her.  I want to share some of that food with this sweet boy.

I am definitely still feeling the call to adopt and I am also wanting to have another baby.  God has definitely called me to be a mother.  My heart is so heavy for this boy.  If you will, please pray for him.  Please pray for those who are caring for him....and please pray for his future.  His long term situation is very unclear.  I pray that he is able to be adopted eventually and that he has a wonderful and loving forever family. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying times...

Holy Week

Whadda ya think?