Easter, Baptism, first plane ride....8 months.

This month has been full of activity for little Miss Elliott.  We began with Holy week/Easter.  She didn't hunt eggs or any of that, but she did have a fun time playing with the empty eggs.  lol.  Then we had her baptism, which was lovely.  Matthew got to perform the baptism and Elliott was perfect!  It was nice having family and friends in to enjoy her special day.  Last night around midnight we arrived home from a trip to Florida where we attended a conference.  ( Will mention more in a minute).  Elliott took her first plane ride and had her first hotel stay.  She did really well!  A few bumps but all in all a success!

Things Elliott can do:
*stand supported
*Clap!  She LOVES this!
*reach!  (Mommy LOVES this!)
* has figured out that if she can push against something while on the floor she can travel, but gives up very easily.
*can pick up small foods and put them in her mouth.
*flirt.
*attract weird people with said flirting.
*fly on an airplane without meltdowns.
*play peek-a-boo.
*anticipate what is coming next in the routine.  (for example, after we put the top on the bottle, we shake it...she loves that and laughs.  She looks for her bedtime book after her bottle...)
*steal Daddy's glasses with one hand.  lol.

Things Elliott loves:
*Puffs
* Clapping
*Her alligator tub toy
*baths
*airplane luggage tags
*peek-a-boo
*flirting
*Jenny jump up
*jumping
*puppy noses

Things Elliott doesn't like:
*loud noises
*anything when she is sleepy
*carrots
*bananas
*not being able to see EVERYTHING
*Samson kisses


Before I get to your favorite part of the blog, I would like to share a little bit about the conference that Matthew and I attended in Florida this week.  The conference itself is entitled "Exponential". It is a conference for church planting....or for starting a brand new church.  While there we heard several great speakers discuss how to grow God's kingdom.  One speaker that really stood out to me was a man named Jim Putman he is former teacher and wrestling coach turned pastor.  His methodology and structure for his church resonated many of the conversations that Matthew and I have been having for several years. Throughout the conference we kept hearing this verse repeated - Matthew 4:19 - "Come follow me" Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men".  We were designed to simply follow God and to make disciples.  To build relationships with others and teach them about the love of Christ.  This doesn't have to be to an audience of 5,000.  It can simply be with a friend whom you know is wandering.  If we all "disciple" just a handful of people over our lifetime, then they disciple a handful and on and on....over time we can reach the world.  Something to think about...

 Now....the pictures.....
Just before leaving for church on Easter morning...


I love her eyes in this!

At the playground with May and Emma Kate!

Daddy Baptizing me!




Kisses from Lauren


My cake!

Mommy talked Daddy into buying me a treat!

I love chewing on Mommy's Ipod

Scrunchy nose!

I'm eating puffs by myself!

I LOVE puffs!

Bath time in the big tub!  TOYS!

Long day....

I love this thing!

Giving Mommy the sleepy face...

haha...

Just kidding!

"Crawling"

I don't really go anywhere...

Except backwards...

Resting up for my big trip....on the way to the airport

Hanging out with Daddy watching the planes

Add caption

We landed!  I see Mickey!

Appropriately....watching Mickey

Hey!

At the Exponential Conference

Daddy and Baby Girl checking out the speaker

At Universal City Walk


8 months old!

And pretty happy about it!

Day two of the conference...she is out.

Cool.





On the plane!

Riding on the plane is exciting....or exhausting?




Aren't I stinkin' cute?


I am so excited to be flying home!

Playing peek a boo with everyone who will play!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying times...

Holy Week

Whadda ya think?