So....A little detour...

Before Christmas we were so excited about announcing to our families our decision to adopt.  Although, we had rehashed the international vs. domestic debate.  We had these sweet pictures made by a friend, they were printed and framed and we were ready....
     But God had a slightly different idea.  On the first Tuesday of Christmas break (December 20th) I was on my second day of a horrible case of bronchitis.  So I called the doctor and made an appointment for later that afternoon.  Matthew and a few others from the church went to deliver Christmas gifts to  local family in need and I decided to drag myself out of bed to get ready.  I knew that the first question the doctor would ask me would be if I were pregnant.  So I decided to go ahead and do an at home test before I went, just so I could say no.  So, I took the test and immediately the "pregnant" line lit up....like before the others.  I just stared at it.  I of course thought that I must be wrong, clearly I didn't know how to read it.  So I ran back downstairs and got the box and another test.  I tested again and the same thing.  I checked the side of the box and sure enough it said I was pregnant.  HOLY COW! So I called Matthew and asked him to come home quickly and shared our exciting news.
    We went to the doctor and of course all of their in office tests were recalled so she sent me to the hospital to confirm my previous tests and sure enough....Baby Kimmons will arrive in late August.  We are so excited, as are our parents. 
   We still plan to adopt eventually, but we have put that slightly on hold....one (or two!) babies at a time.  We have our first baby doctor appointment on Jan. 26th.  I am hoping for twins, but either way I am thrilled.  I am not super sick...yet, but I do have some nausea.  We will see.  We are praying for healthy babies and a healthy momma, and daddy's sanity. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying times...

Holy Week

Whadda ya think?